Submit your proposals by September 28, 2018 to: email@example.com cc’ing firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Action for Trans Equality (GATE) is leading a global project on strengthening peer-based and community led networks of trans populations. The aim is to build capacity and support regional and country-based constituencies to more effectively engage in, and contribute to the development, implementation and oversight of Global Fund grants and programs.
The specific objectives include:
- Strengthening HIV key population networks with global reach, to support their country level constituencies to effectively engage in Global Fund-related processes during the whole grant cycle;
- Developing the capacity of marginalized and criminalized networks and communities to effectively and safely engage in all Global Fund-related processes;
- Strengthening of key and vulnerable populations for HIV capacity to advocate for increased investment in rights-based and community responsive programs, as well as effective community led. Human right and gender related programming within Global Fund grants.
Under these areas, the project is also intended to focus on strengthening local capacity; especially in support of trans people in their regional and country-based constituencies to more effectively engage in, and contribute to, the development, implementation and oversight of Global Fund supported programs.
The consultant must have in depth understanding of the trans communities, their work, challenges and on the work of the Global Fund and Global Fund country processes.
The consultant should have strong expertise in conducting evaluations alongside expertise in the following thematic concepts:
- Expertise and experience in the roll out of monitoring and oversight tools
- Expertise and experience of training guides and curriculums
- Evaluation experience preferably on the Global Fund projects
- Sustainable community development in HIV, TB and Malaria
- Knowledge of Cross-cutting themes of: Human rights and gender equality
The consultant should have the ability to speak and write English (Belize) / English and Spanish (Peru).
Scope of Assignment
The assignment is for a period of 5 working days. The consultant is expected to work under the supervision of the GATE Programs Director to facilitate the rollout/training of the monitoring and oversight tool for transgender organizations to play a watchdog role in Global Fund processes in Belize/Peru. The consultant is to adhere to the developed tool and training guide provided by GATE.
- Work Plan
- Chronogram (Gantt Chart)
- Workshop Report
- Case Study
- TA Request
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by September 28, 2018. GATE will select the consultant based on proposals from interested parties.
- Applications to be submitted to Erika Castellanos at email@example.com with a copy to Karen Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject:
Ref 20178973: Application for Consultancy to facilitate training in Peru/Belize [delete as applicable].
All applications should include the following:
- An expression of interest (including overall budget & consultancy fees)
- A detailed work plan
- Your Curriculum Vitae/Resume