Download as PDF: Call for Consultant (AP region) / Call for Consultant (LAC region)
Submit your proposals by March 22, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org (AP region) / email@example.com cc’ing firstname.lastname@example.org (LAC region)
Global Action for Trans Equality (GATE) and the Asia Pacific Transgender Network (APTN) are leading a global project on strengthening peer-based and community led networks of trans populations. The aim is to build capacity and support regional and country-based constituencies to more effectively engage in, and contribute to the development, implementation and oversight of Global Fund grants and programs.
The specific objectives include:
- Strengthening HIV key population networks with global reach, to support their country level constituencies to effectively engage in Global Fund-related processes during the whole grant cycle;
- Developing the capacity of marginalized and criminalized networks and communities to effectively and safely engage in all Global Fund-related processes;
- Strengthening of key and vulnerable populations for HIV capacity to advocate for increased investment in rights-based and community responsive programs, as well as effective community led. Human right and gender related programming within Global Fund grants.
Under these areas, the project is also intended to focus on strengthening local capacity; especially in support of trans people in their regional and country-based constituencies to more effectively engage in, and contribute to, the development, implementation and oversight of Global Fund supported programs.
The consultants must have in depth understanding of the trans communities and comprehensive expertise in the region to which they are applying; the consultant must be situated within the region.
The consultant should have strong expertise in conducting evaluations alongside expertise in the following thematic concepts:
- Evaluation experience preferably on the Global Fund projects
- Sustainable community development in HIV, TB and Malaria
- Cross-cutting themes of: Human rights and gender equality
- The consultant should have the ability to speak and write English (Asia-Pacific) / English and Spanish (Latin America and Caribbean).
Scope of Assignment
The assignment is for a period of 7 working days. The consultants are expected to work jointly to develop a joint framework/tool and methodology to be used in both regions, including a section localized for country context.
- Work Plan
- Chronogram (Gantt Chart, showing both the scheduled and completed work during project)
- Tool/Methodology (to be developed jointly by both consultants)
- Workshop Report
- Final Report (deadline 25th April 2018, max. 30 pages, including annexes, set of findings & clear table of recommendations)
- Technical Assistance Request Application for local host organization
- Case Study (max. 3 pages)
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the relevant organisation by March 22, 2018. Based on proposals from interested consultants:
- APTN will select the consultant for the Asia-Pacific region. Applications to be submitted to email@example.com with email subject:
Ref 20178973: Application for Consultancy to develop tool and implement a Civil Society transition and sustainability assessment in Nepal and Vietnam.
- GATE will select the consultant for the Latin America and Caribbean region. Applications to be submitted to Erika Castellanos at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Karen Bennett at email@example.com with email subject:
Ref 20178973: Application for Consultancy to develop tool and implement a Civil Society transition and sustainability assessment in Dominican Republic.
All applications should include the following:
- An expression of interest (including overall budget & consultancy fees)
- A detailed work plan (outlining your approach to the work, demonstrating your understanding of the subject and how you meet the requirements, proposing work methodologies and including a proposed schedule of activities)
- Your Curriculum Vitae/Resume
Download as PDF
Call for Consultants: