Global Action for Trans Equality (GATE) is leading a global project on strengthening peer-based and community led networks of trans populations. The aim is to build capacity and support regional and country-based constituencies to more effectively engage in, and contribute to the development, implementation and oversight of Global Fund grants and programs.
Under these areas, the project is also intended to focus on strengthening local capacity; especially in support of trans people in their regional and country-based constituencies to more effectively engage in, and contribute to, the development, implementation and oversight of Global Fund supported programs.
The specific objectives include:
- Strengthening HIV key population networks with global reach, to support their country level constituencies to effectively engage in Global Fund-related processes during the whole grant cycle;
- Developing the capacity of marginalized and criminalized networks and communities to effectively and safely engage in all Global Fund-related processes;
- Strengthening of key and vulnerable populations for HIV capacity to advocate for increased investment in rights-based and community responsive programs, as well as effective community led. Human right and gender related programming within Global Fund grants.
The consultant should have strong expertise in conducting evaluations alongside expertise in the following thematic concepts:
- Expertise and experience in Global Fund processes
- Expertise and experience working with the trans community
- Experience on meaningful involvement of key populations
- Knowledge of Cross-cutting themes of: Human rights and gender equality
The consultant must have in depth understanding of the trans communities, their work, challenges and on the work of the Global Fund and Global Fund country processes.
The consultant should have the ability to speak and write English and Spanish.
Scope of Assignment
The assignment is for a period of 15 working days.
The consultant is expected to work under the supervision of the GATE Programs Director to facilitate the multi-sectorial dialogue and develop guidelines for integration of transgender people in Global Fund processes.
- Work Plan
- Chronogram (Gantt Chart)
- Meeting Report
- Case Study
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by 22:00 UTC April 28, 2019 to Erika Castellanos with a copy to Karen Bennett with email subject:
Ref 20178973: Application for Consultancy for integration of transgender people in grant development and implementation
All applications should include the following:
- An expression of interest (including overall budget & consultancy fees)
- A detailed work plan
- Your Curriculum Vitae/Resume
GATE will select the consultant based on proposals from interested parties.