*Please note, previously this call was to work in Nicaragua and Suriname, it has since been changed to Nicaragua & Guyana. All other details remain the same.
Download as PDF: Call for Consultant (Nicaragua & Guyana)
Submit your proposals by April 6, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org cc’ing email@example.com
Global Action for Trans Equality (GATE) is leading a global project on strengthening peer-based and community led networks of trans populations. The aim is to build capacity and support regional and country-based constituencies to more effectively engage in, and contribute to the development, implementation and oversight of Global Fund grants and programs.
The specific objectives include:
- Strengthening HIV key population networks with global reach, to support their country level constituencies to effectively engage in Global Fund-related processes during the whole grant cycle;
- Developing the capacity of marginalized and criminalized networks and communities to effectively and safely engage in all Global Fund-related processes;
- Strengthening of key and vulnerable populations for HIV capacity to advocate for increased investment in rights-based and community responsive programs, as well as effective community led. Human right and gender related programming within Global Fund grants.
Under these areas, the project is also intended to focus on strengthening local capacity; especially in support of trans people in their regional and country-based constituencies to more effectively engage in, and contribute to, the development, implementation and oversight of Global Fund supported programs.
The consultant must have in depth understanding of the trans communities in the LAC region and comprehensive expertise in the region; the consultant must be situated within the region.
The consultant should have strong expertise in conducting evaluations alongside expertise in the following thematic concepts:
- Evaluation experience preferably on the Global Fund projects
- Sustainable community development in HIV, TB and Malaria
- Cross-cutting themes of: Human rights and gender equality
The consultant should have the ability to speak and write English and Spanish.
Scope of Assignment
The assignment is for a period of 7 working days. The consultant is to submit a chronogram of activities and dates of delivery of products with the final report to be submitted by April 30th 2018.
- Work Plan
- Chronogram (Gantt Chart, showing both the scheduled and completed work during project)
- Workshop Report
- Final Report (deadline 30th April 2018, max. 30 pages, including annexes, set of findings & clear table of recommendations)
- Technical Assistance Request Application for local host organization
- Case Study (max. 3 pages)
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by April 6, 2018. GATE will select the consultant based on proposals from interested parties.
- Applications to be submitted to Erika Castellanos at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Karen Bennett at email@example.com with email subject:
Ref 20178973: Application for Consultancy to develop tool and implement a Civil Society transition and sustainability assessment in Dominican Republic.
All applications should include the following:
- An expression of interest (including overall budget & consultancy fees)
- A detailed work plan (outlining your approach to the work, demonstrating your understanding of the subject and how you meet the requirements, proposing work methodologies and including a proposed schedule of activities)
- Your Curriculum Vitae/Resume