Giving Tuesday is the largest global giving day of the year, and this year, for the first time, GATE is joining in!
Giving Tuesday is a global generosity movement unleashing the power of radical generosity. It was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Since then, it has grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
This year, Giving Tuesday takes place on 29 November. We’re asking you to support us to make our first Giving Tuesday a success by raising $10,000 in 24 hours!
We know that the past year has been particularly difficult for our communities across the world. We appreciate that not everyone will be able to donate money, so if you can’t support us by donating, sharing our campaign will still really help us to reach more people!
GATE has set a goal to raise $10,000 to go towards internet support, mini grants, and training course development and participation to build the capacity of trans, gender diverse and intersex organizations and activists across the globe.
With many thanks to our generous supporters, the final amount raised was $10,779.48!
Your donations will help trans, gender diverse and intersex communities across the globe in the following ways:
- $9 will pay for 1 month of internet support for an organization in Ukraine.
- $30 will support 1 activist to attend capacity building training in Tanzania.
- $50 will go towards the development of a training course for 1 trainee.
- $340 will pay for 50% of a staff’s monthly wage for an local organization in Zambia.
- $500 will pay for a community expert in Brazil contribute to movement building webinars and publications.
- $685 will pay for a monthly mini grant to local organizations across the globe to implement capacity building activities.
- $2000 will pay for the development of an organizational plan for a local network in Uganda.
We’re excited to have our supporters join our movement to create long lasting change through giving.
Please tell your friends and family about our campaign – spreading the word gets our voices heard and increases our chance of reaching our goal!
Every little bit helps! Join our movement and support our fundraising campaign!