GATE hosted a webinar to discuss the trajectories of intersex-led movements in the Global South, in its third iteration we had activists from the Asia region.
Intersex groups in the Global South are far less likely to receive funding, to have access to community initiatives and to regional and global entry points for policy advocacy, compared to groups in the Global North. The goal of this webinar is to provide a safe space for intersex movements and activists from the Global South to come together and discuss sex variations and intersex issues at the regional level.
Watch the webinar recording
- Duha, Co-Founder, Intersex Human Rights India
- Esan Regmi, Executive Director, Campaign for Change, Nepal
- Hiker Chiu, Founder, Oii Chinese & Executive Director, Intersex Asia Network
- Jeff Cagandahan, President, Intersex Philippines, Inc.
- Md Shihab, Bangladesh Intersex Forum
This webinar took place on May 3, 2023