GATE hosted a webinar to discuss the trajectories of intersex-led movements in the Global South, in its first iteration featured activists from Latin America and the Caribbean
Intersex groups in the Global South are far less likely to receive funding, to have access to community initiatives and to regional and global entry points for policy advocacy, compared to groups in the Global North. The goal of this webinar is to provide a safe space for intersex movements and activists from the Global South to come together and discuss sex variations and intersex issues at the regional level.
Participants were invited based on regional and background diversity, meaning we hope to hear from range of actors about their experiences and projects on intersex matters. Each panelist produced a five-page article on the topic presented and their articles are now together and public in this final publication We, the intersex people from the global South.
- Ceci Lopez Bemch, Founder, Argentina Intersex
- Carolina Iara Ramos de Oliveira, Co-councilor, Bancada Feminista do Partido Socialismo e Liberdade
- Franco Pradenas, Co-coordinator, Organización Comunidad Intersex Pacífico Sur
- Agustin Rojas, Intersex Coordinator, COLESDOM
- Bea Is, Founder, Asociación Peruana de Personas Intersexuales
- Hana Aoi, Coordinadora general, Vivir y Ser Intersex
MODERATOR: Vidda Guzzo, Intersex Program Officer, GATE