We encourage applications from trans, gender diverse and intersex people, Black, indigenous and Latinx people and people of color, D/deaf and disabled people, people from a migrant background, and sex workers.
|Application Deadline:||10 November 2020, 5:00 pm CET|
|Location:||Home-based / Remote|
|Start Date:||15 November 2020|
|Contract Duration:||3 months|
|Language required:||English, additional Spanish and/or Russian fluency preferred|
GATE is working on advancing intersex people’s human rights by engaging with other partners in a systematic literature review process.
The key goal of this consultancy is to support intersex depathologization at the international level. Objectives include:
- Building a solid database and analysis on current medical practices on intersex issues.
- Identifying key evidence on medical language, rationales and procedures related to intersex people.
- Building an evidence-based analysis of the consequences of those procedures on intersex people’s human rights.
Scope of Work
The consultant will:
- Strengthen GATE’s technical capacity to engage in the ongoing systematic literature review process.
- Provide methodological advice to the research team on elaborating narrative synthesis.
- Provide expert input to interim and final research reports.
The consultant will be expected to provide input by reading and commenting on documents, participating in calls, and engaging with GATE’s internal platforms (e.g., Slack, Proofhub).
Calls include a weekly team call (usually carried out on Wednesdays after 7 pm EST), and a coordinating call with the Project Coordinator (to be arranged according to mutual availability).
- Solid academic background on systematic literature review in the field of medicine; experience in additional fields (e.g. sociology, bioethics) are preferred.
- Proven expertise on planning and developing narrative syntheses.
- General knowledge on intersex issues and full commitment to intersex people’s human rights.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
GATE will select the consultant based on proposals from interested applicants.
Submit the following to the email listed below with the suggested subject line by 5:00 pm CET on November 10, 2020:
Email: to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Surname – TPA Consultancy (e.g. Smith – TPA Consultancy)
- A letter of interest, including expected fee.
- Curriculum Vitae.
GATE is an international organization working on gender identity, gender expressions and sex characteristics. It was founded in 2009, and it is registered in New York (USA). GATE programmatic work is organized around four main areas: Depathologization, HIV, Movement Building and UN, with a cross-cutting emphasis on socio-economic justice.