We encourage applications from trans, gender diverse and intersex people, Black, indigenous and Latinx people and people of color, D/deaf and disabled people, people from a migrant background, and sex workers.
|Application Deadline:||8 December 2021, 5pm CET|
|Location:||Home-based / Remote|
|Start Date:||January 17, 2022|
|Contract Duration:||6 month initial contract with the possibility of extension based on performance review|
|Language required:||English fluency, additional Spanish fluency preferred|
GATE is an international organization working on gender identity, gender expressions and sex characteristics. GATE’s programmatic work is organized around four main areas: Depathologization, HIV, Movement Building and UN, with a cross-cutting emphasis on socio-economic justice.
Scope of Work
Communications Assistant will work directly under the supervision of the Communications Manager to assist with all aspects of communications work, including tasks relating to GATE’s social media, website, mailing list, events, campaigns, and other ad-hoc duties. Working hours will vary, average 16 hours/week with additional hours in March/April/May up to 25 hours/week.
- Develop, create and curate engaging content (written, video and photo/illustrative as required).
- Maintain a content calendar and implement posting and scheduling for our social media platforms, adapting content to suit different channels and audiences.
- Establish and monitor basic metrics to track ongoing communications impact.
- Support publication and campaign launches.
- Help with other communications duties as needed.
- Knowledge of language used to communicate on issues relating to trans, gender diverse and intersex advocacy.
- Prior experience (paid or voluntary) working in digital communications for a non-profit or charitable institution.
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills.
- Demonstrable ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work remotely in an independent, responsible, and timely way.
- Fluency in Spanish, including knowledge of language used to communicate on issues relating to trans, gender diverse and intersex advocacy.
- Interest and expertise in online communications strategies and administering social media platforms and/or CRM systems.
- Experience of administering Google Classrooms or other virtual training platforms.
- Proficiency with Canva (design) and/or Premiere Pro (or other video editing system).
GATE will select the communications assistant based on proposals from interested applicants. This is an independent contractor position.
If you are uncertain whether your experience matches every qualification but are motivated and eager to learn, we encourage you to apply!
Submit the following to the email listed below with the suggested subject line by 5pm CET on December 8, 2021:
- Email: to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: Surname – Communications Assistant (e.g. Smith – Communications Assistant)
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae, including name and contact details of two references