We encourage applications from trans, gender diverse and intersex people, Black, indigenous and Latinx people and people of color, D/deaf and disabled people, people from a migrant background, and sex workers.
|Application Deadline:||28 February 2022, 5pm EST|
|Location:||Home-based / Remote|
|Contract Duration:||10 months, part-time|
Over the past 5 years, GATE has contributed to advance intersex people’s human rights by advocating at the United Nations, engaging in movement building, producing critical knowledge on funding, facilitating participation in international processes, and promoting depathologization, the right to bodily integrity and the right to truth.
We are seeking to hire an expert consultant to consolidate and expand our work on intersex issues in accordance with GATE’s Strategic Plan 2022-2026.
- Strengthening GATE’s capacity to work on intersex issues
- Mainstreaming intersex issues in all GATE’s programs
- Consolidating GATE’s partnerships with intersex activists, organizations, and networks
Scope of Work
Departing from GATE’s previous work on intersex issues and guided by GATE’s Strategic Plan 2022-2026, the consultancy will focus on four main areas: advocacy, movement building, resourcing, and communications.
- Developing and implementing a workplan on intersex issues
- Contributing to mainstream intersex issues across all GATE’s programs
- Representing GATE in calls, meetings and processes focused on intersex issues
- Contributing to develop and implement GATE’s communication strategies on intersex issues
- Contributing to consolidate GATE’s partnerships with intersex activists, organizations, and networks
- At least 5 years of experience working in the field of intersex advocacy
- In-depth understanding of intersex issues
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work remotely in an independent, responsible, and timely way
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Strong commitment to intersex, trans and gender diverse depathologization
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Experience in the integration of intersex, trans and gender diverse issues
- Experience with multiple and diverse stakeholders
- Experience with navigating the UN system
- Proficiency in a second language
GATE will select the consultant based on proposals from interested applicants. Submit the following to the email listed below with the suggested subject line by 17:00 EST on Monday 28 February 2022.
- Email: email@example.com
- Subject line: Surname – Intersex Program Officer (e.g. García – Intersex Program Officer)
- Cover letter.
- Curriculum Vitae, including name and contact details of two references.
GATE is an international organization working on gender identity, gender expressions and sex characteristics. It was founded in 2009, and it is registered in New York (USA). GATE’s programmatic work is organized around four main areas: Depathologization, HIV, Movement Building and UN, with a cross-cutting emphasis on socio-economic justice.