High Level Political Forum
The High Level Political Forum (HLPF) is the main United Nations platform on sustainable development and it has a central role in the follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the global level. The HLPF meets annually under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) for eight days.
Major LGBTI Stakeholder Group
The Major LGBTI Stakeholder Group is composed of global, regional, and national civil society organizations and activists concerned about the inclusion of LGBTI people and SOGIESC issues in the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development, and to engage in the annual follow-up and review process and High-Level Political Forum for Sustainable Development. It was formally recognized as an entity within the Major Groups and Other Stakeholders (MGoS) structure at the 2019 United Nations High Level Political Forum (HLPF) on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). GATE joined the Major LGTBI Stakeholder Group in 2019.
SIDE EVENT: Sustainable development for LGBTI people in times of COVID-19
You are invited to join the first side event webinar of the LGBTI Stakeholder Group during the High Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) 2020.
- Victor Madrigal-Borloz, UN Independent Expert on protection against violence and discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity (UN IE SOGI)
- Boyan Konstantinov, policy specialist in HIV, Health and Development with the Bureau for Policy and Programme Support at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Sarita K.C, Executive Director of Mitini Nepal
- Davis Mac-Iyalla, The Interfaith Diversity Network of West Africa (IDNOWA), Ghana
- “Feminita”, Kazakhstan Feminist Initiative, Kazakhstan
- Mauro Cabral Grinspan, GATE Executive Director