Under the CRG-SI 2021-2023 Project, FEM Alliance Uganda will:
- Develop an organizational safety, security and wellbeing plan;
- Produce and disseminate a report on the implementation of trans-specific programming for HIV in Uganda.
FEM Alliance Uganda (FEMA) is a lesbian, bisexual, transgender and Queer women organization, which was established in 2012 by a group of trans and lesbians who felt that the needs of the growing LBT/Q community was not adequately represented by the few minority groups organizations in Uganda.
FEMA was formed with a clear mission of improving livelihood amongst the LBT/WSW community through education and impart communication skills to the members to enable them cope with changing times.
A lot of lesbians, bisexuals, transgender persons and women who have sex with women have been excluded in a number of interventions here in Uganda especially those who live in rural areas. Over the years, LBT/WSW have been harassed, cajoled, insulted and discriminated against.
The educational opportunities are few and so many are unemployed. Those who are educated at a higher level for getting jobs are also unemployed because of their sexual identity. They are isolated in many ways, thrown out from their families for their sexual preferences leading to drug and alcohol abuse, engaging in all different anti-social activity. FEMA comes in with the intention of changing this situation.
Fem Alliance Uganda’s Work
- Vision: FEM Alliance’s vision is a stigma free Uganda where LBT/Q enjoys equal rights, Human dignity, respect and social justice.
- Mission: FEM Alliance exists to promote human rights and restore human dignity of LBT/Q through Education, Personal development, Advocacy and Strategic partnerships.
- To increase knowledge, information and advocate for Human Rights of LBT/Q within the community.
- To promote a well-co-ordinated, inter-dependant and strong network of LBT/Q membership.
- To develop the institutional capacity of FEMA-Uganda to be able to fulfil its mandate.
- To establish and maintain strategic partnerships with key allies and partners.
If you would like to get in touch with FEM Alliance Uganda to find out more about their work, or to provide support, partner with, or donate to their organization, please use the details below.
- Website: femalliance.org
- Phone: +256 779 890 890
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: web.facebook.com/femauganda
- Twitter: twitter.com/femauganda
- Instagram: instagram.com/femalliance
- Address: Buziga rd off Salaama Rd Munyonyo