Under the CRG-SI 2021-2023 Project, JinSiangu Kenya will:
- Develop a needs assessment of the trans community in Kenya, using the TRANSIT Smart Guide as a guiding document, and disseminate to the Kenya CCM and Ministry of Health.
Jinsiangu is a Kenyan-based organisation established in 2012 to increase safe spaces for, and enhance the wellbeing of intersex, trans and gender non-conforming (ITGNC) persons.
Jinsiangu seeks to ensure that the lives and wellbeing of intersex, trans and gender non-conforming persons are enhanced through the establishment of safe spaces, through advocacy and research, through the provision of information, health services, and psycho-social support, and by fostering opportunities for holistic empowerment.
- Vision: A Kenya that celebrates and respects diversity, and where all persons have bodily autonomy, freedom, justice and access to fundamental needs.
- Mission: To ensure that the lives and wellbeing of ITGNC persons are enhanced through the establishment of safe spaces, through advocacy and research, through the provision of information, health services, and psycho-social support, and by fostering opportunities for holistic empowerment..
- Effective and reliable care and support:
- Jinsiangu is establishing itself as a go-to provider for effective and reliable care and support for ITGNC Kenyans. Including safe spaces, psycho-social support, and ITGNC-friendly counselling services.
- Provision of fundamental needs of intersex, transgender & gender non-conforming persons:
- Jinsiangu advocates for the provision of fundamental needs of ITGNC persons through engagement with various professionals, state officials and service providers in order to change discriminatory policies and prejudice against them.
- Developing knowledge:
- Jinsiangu is committed to developing and disseminating knowledge on the socio-economic and political situation of ITGNC people in Kenya, including information on their health and medical needs.
- Creating awareness and understanding:
- Jinsiangu aims to increase awareness and understanding of ITGNC people, both within the LGBTI community and in the larger society.
If you would like to get in touch with JinSiangu to find out more about their work, or to provide support, partner with, or donate to their organization, please use the details below.
- Website: jinsiangu.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: web.facebook.com/Jinsiangu
- Twitter: twitter.com/Jinsiangu
- Address: P.O. Box 36454 – 00200, Waiyaki Way, Nairobi