Under the CRG-SI 2021-2023 Project, TransVoice Indonesia will:
- Produce and disseminate a shadow report on the need for, and the level of, meaningful involvement of trans people in the HIV response in Indonesia.
Transvoice, Indonesia was formed in November 2014, initiated by some young trans women peer leaders in Bogor, West Java, to accompany young trans women in accessing information and services related to issues of sexual orientation and gender identity, gender equality, sexual health and reproduction right, human rights, HIV and AIDS, as well as economic empowerment.
The scope of Transvoice’s work includes capacity building, networking and advocacy. Currently, Transvoice not yet legally registered. This is due to issues of safety and security in Indonesia, as well as bureaucracy from the local government.
The Transvoice Vision is to empower the trans woman community for the fulfilment of transgender women’s rights as citizens of Indonesia.
The Transvoice Mission is to:
- Provide information related issue of sexual orientation and gender identity, gender equality, sexual health and reproduction right, human rights, HIV and AIDS to transwoman community through regular discussions
- Assist communities in accessing services STI, VCT, and ARV for trans women living with HIV
- Assist communities that experienced violence
- Provide training to increase knowledge, skills and economic empowerment
- Do networking and advocacy
- Utilize social media as a platform for campaigning, sharing information to the trans woman community and to society
- Fundraising for the sustainability of the organization
If you would like to get in touch with Transvoice to find out more about their work, or to provide support, partner with, or donate to their organization, please use the details below.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/transvoice.transvoice
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/transwomenvoice/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGlgjxUSPQ0gn6uLmFGYidA/videos