GATE is hiring a working group coordinator for Trans Men and HIV
We encourage applications from trans, gender diverse and intersex people, Black, indigenous and Latine people and people of color, D/deaf and disabled people, people from a migrant background, and sex workers.
|13 January 2023|
Feb 1, 2022 (negotiable)
|Location:||Home-based / Remote|
|Language required:||English, additional languages|
GATE is implementing a global project on trans men and HIV, focused on strengthening and generating knowledge to further their engagement in the international HIV response. This project aims to produce critical knowledge on trans men and HIV, and to develop a strategy for increasing the meaningful engagement of trans men in health discussions.
Scope of Work
To coordinate the international working group on trans men and HIV, to increase engagement with the working group with current members, and to recruit new members to diversify the geographical representation within the group.
Contractor (part-time) will provide the following Services:
● Recruit new members for the working group of trans men and HIV in consultation with Supervisor;
● Hold regular online meetings with the members of the working group of trans men and HIV, minimum once per month;
● Prepare briefings and toolkits as needs arise in consultation with the trans men and HIV working group;
● Facilitate dialogue and cooperation with other trans groups, including groups of trans women, gender non
conforming and trans men groups;
● Increase awareness among donors, global health organizations and policy makers on realities of trans men
as it pertains to HIV, including challenges, gaps, best practices;
● Produce outputs as required for specific projects;
● Develop a strategy for increased meaningful engagement of trans men in health discussions, particularly around HIV;
● Contribute to GATE’s Fundraising for HIV programming and the working group;
● Contribute to GATE’s work plan by bringing discussions of the working group to staff meetings and organisational
● Knowledge of issues relating to trans men and HIV ● Experience working at the global level in HIV advocacy ● Excellent organizational and facilitation skills ● Ability to write funding proposals
● Experience coordinating meetings across multiple time zones
GATE will select the consultant based on proposals from interested applicants. Submit the following to the email listed below with the suggested subject line by 13 January 2023:
Subject line: Surname – Working Group Coordinator (e.g. Smith – Working Group Coordinator)
● Cover letter.
● Curriculum Vitae, including name and contact details of two references.
GATE, Global Action for Trans Equality, is an international organization and registered not-for-profit with its main offices in New York, USA. GATE campaigns globally for trans, gender diverse and intersex equality, empowering and giving voice to communities to politically mobilize on issues of gender identity, sex characteristics and bodily diversity. GATE’s programmatic work is organized around four areas: depathologization and legal reform, transgender issues in the international HIV response, movement building and development, and United Nations processes. We provide our communities with support and technical capacity, produce, and share critical knowledge, advocate for increased and more accessible funding for community-led efforts, monitor key international processes, and facilitate community activists’ engagement with these processes. We are committed to being fully accountable to our communities and to supporting activists’ development and wellbeing.