The Global Action for Trans Equality Board of Directors wishes to express our sincere thanks to trans, gender diverse and intersex communities, stakeholders, GATE staff and colleagues and key partners across the world for their invaluable contributions to the development of GATE’s Strategic Plan 2022-2026. Feedback from our communities, stakeholders and key partners ensured that our strategic plan took into account the needs of the communities that GATE seeks to serve and partner with. Feedback at various stages of the development of this strategic framework from GATE board members and staff was exceptionally useful to ensure that this document reflects a shared understanding of our ultimate vision as an organization.
Suggested citation: Global Action for Trans Equality (2022) GATE Strategic Plan 2022-2026. New York: GATE
Design and layout: Kira Xonorika
GATE is committed to improving the conditions of trans, gender diverse and intersex people by creating possibilities for capacity building and strengthening mobilisation at national, regional and international levels. Our Strategic Plan has been developed in consultation with 211 advocates from every region of the world. We have one institutional and two programmatic goals that will help us on the way to achieving this great task, which are reinforced with 4 intermediate outcomes.
- The first goal is to advance trans, gender diverse and intersex people’s human rights
- The second goal is to strengthen trans, gender diverse and intersex movements
- And the third goal is to strengthen GATE’s sustainability and internal and programmatic capacity to be able to deliver on goal 1 and 2.
The 4 intermediate outcomes are:
- For Trans, gender diverse and intersex people’s rights and issues to be included in human rights frameworks
- For Key decision-makers, institutions, and bodies to uphold and defend the human rights of trans, gender diverse and intersex people
- For Trans, gender diverse and intersex -led movements to be expanded, well-resourced and mobilized to defend and promote their human rights, and
- For Trans, gender diverse and intersex activists to have the knowledge, skills, resources and contacts to effectively advocate and defend their rights